7/03/2012

New to scrapbooking? You must know this!


I have written this short article to help fellow hobbyists avoid making the same expensive mistake (assuming you are on budget like myself) I did when I began scrapbooking few months ago. What we all tend to do is to splash too much on stuff that then sits unused in our drawers for ages as we get to grips with the basics of the craft.

Guess, I am not the only one who got so excited about scrapbooking that I went into the nearest stationary shop and bought up the first things I laid my eyes on, namely gems, brads and fabulous but of little use to beginners types of paper i.e. corrugated and crepe.

To prevent beginners from falling into this trap of mindless buying I have come up with a “shopping list” of most needed equipment and materials that you will definitely need right at the start(and through-out) and therefore might consider purchasing first:

·          “Big shot”or any other paper cutting machine (£50-70 approx.)
·         Card blanks (100 for £10 approx.)
·         Nestabilities of various shapes (from £8-30 depending on the  
make, http://lothiancrafts.co.uk)
·         Paper of various colours and patterned paper (price varies)
·         Paper trimmer (£10-15)
·         Stamps (price varies)

You got hold of all the above, mastered the foundations and now feel confident that you are ready to go more elaborate in your work. Now,is the time to get other things such as brads, fabrics, inks,sewing machine etc.

Textured paper and patterned paper can be purchased very cheaply online. Just do your research on Google! www.papercellar.com

The tips offered come from my personal experience. If there is anything important you feel I should have mentioned but did not please let me know and I will add it on.
 Hugs and kisses!
**My recent creations**




No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews